You want to enjoy your property, in peace, without headaches. But, you see regulations increasing every year, making it harder to farm, ranch, or otherwise benefit for your own land. Especially water rights have requirements that can be expensive to comply with…or pay large penalties for not meeting government rules.
Worried about SB 88? That’s what I do – help solve your SB 88 needs! You can get a lot of the information you need in the many posts if this blog, and I can help you directly, to:
- plan a solution, with you, to solve your
measurement needs, with a site visit, detailed proposal, and cost estimate.
- select, install, and certify flow measurement devices.
- communicate effectively with Water Board managers and staff
to reduce the severity of problems and speed up resolution.
- file Water Use Reports with the Water Board.
- file Alternative Compliance Plans, Requests for Additional Time, Measurement Methods forms.
If you need help, Rights To Water Engineering can help you meet the law
quickly and at a relatively low cost. Call (530) 526-0134 or Email RightsToWaterEng1@g
California Senate Bill 88 is effective as of January 1, 2016. Here is the part
that affects private or small agricultural diverters the most:
Here is a convenient table that summarizes the Water Board‘s more specific regulations. I added the two columns on the right to give folks an idea of how the volumes relate to water rights: